- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Egg And Lemon Soup Recipe
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken piece||1 (Leg Or Breast)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||8 Tablespoon|
|Cooked long grained rice||8 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.3 mg
Sodium 698.6 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, boil chicken stock.
2) Place the chicken piece into the boiling stock to poach for 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Take out the chicken piece and place aside to cool down.
4) In a clean pan, strain the stock over a fine strainer.
5) Place the pan over low heat to keep the stock warm but not boiling.
6) Remove the skin and bones from the chicken piece.
7) Cut the meat into very thin slivers.
8) In a bowl, beat eggs lightly with lemon juice.
9) Add a ladleful of hot stock to the egg mixture. With whisk, beat this mixture vigorously.
10) Increase the heat and bring the stock to a boil.
11) Add rice and slivered chicken after removing the pan from heat.
12) Gradually stir in the egg mixture.
13) Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to taste.
14) Place the pan over reduced heat for 3 to 4 minutes and continue stirring to make the soup creamy. Do not boil, as it will curdle the eggs.
15) Sprinkle with parsley to serve at once.