- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Easter Biscuits ( Koulourakia ) Recipe Video
|Butter||175 Gram, cubed (at room temperature)|
|White sugar||175 Gram|
|Egg||3 (2+ 1)|
|Orange juice||50 Milliliter|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||30 Gram|
|Plain flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 969 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.8%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 252.7 mg
Sodium 649.7 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 45.4 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 60.8% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat until creamy.
3. Add two eggs, one at a time, whisk after every addition.
4. Put orange juice and orange rind in it. Mix it well. Scrape down the sides, and set it aside.
5. In another bowl sift, baking powder, and flour.
6. Add the butter mixture, and fold to incorporate.
7. In a small bowl, crack egg, and beat it lightly. Pour water and vanilla. Mix it well.
8. Line a baking tray with baking paper, clump little dough, roll and give it a desired shape.
9. Baste dough with egg vanilla mixture.
10. Pop it on oven, and bake for 30 minutes or until they are nice and brown.
11. Take it out of oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
12. Serve Greek biscuits with a hot cup of coffee.
If desires sprinkle sesame seeds on tip, when hot.