- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Cucumber Salad Recipe Video
|Romaine lettuce||6 Cup (96 tbs), chop|
|Cucumbers||2 Small, dice (halved, seeds removed)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Crumbled feta/Hummus||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.6 mg
Sodium 1052.4 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 265.4% Vitamin C 77.2%
Calcium 32% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. Wash, spin dry and chop the romaine lettuce, set aside.
2. Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds and the dice the cucumber and set aside.
3. Dice the red onion, set aside.
4. In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper, whisk everything well.
5. Add the onions and half of the feta cheese; allow it to sit in the dressing.
6. Add the lettuce and cucumber to the dressing and toss everything.
7. Divide the salad into four plates and top it with remaining feta cheese.
8. Serve the greek cucumber salad with toasted pita bread.