- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Chocolate Mousse Tartlets Recipe
|White chocolate||7 Ounce, broken up (200 Gram)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter, 1/2 Cup)|
|Gelatin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Superfine sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon Castor Sugar)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Greek style yogurt||9 Ounce (250 Gram, Generous 1 Cup, Us Strained Plain Variety)|
|Melted dark chocolate||2 Ounce (Bittersweet Variety, To Decorate)|
|For the pastry|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (115 Gram, 1 Cup All Purpose Variety)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||25 Gram (25 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram, 6 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3169 Calories from Fat 1591
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 177 g272.6%
Saturated Fat 103.2 g516.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1069 mg
Sodium 641.7 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 318 g106.1%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 204.6 g
Protein 89 g179%
Vitamin A 74.5% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 111.9% Iron 68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together the eggs and vanilla essence in a small bowl, then add to the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough. Tip out on to a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry and use to line six deep 10cm/4in loose-based tartlet tins (mini quiche pans). Cover and chill for a further 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
4. Prick the base of each pastry case all over using a fork, then line with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the paper and beans, return the cases to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the pastry is firm. Cool completely in the tins.
6. To make the filling, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot water. Pour the milk into a pan, sprinkle over the gelatine and heat gently, stirring, until the gelatine has all dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate.
7. Whisk together the sugar, vanilla essence and egg yolks in a large bowl, then beat in the chocolate mixture. Beat in the yogurt until evenly mixed. Chill until beginning to set.
8. Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until stiff, then gently fold into the mixture. Divide among the pastry cases and leave to set. Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the tartlets in a random pattern to decorate.