- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Casserole Recipe
|Lean roasting pork||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Potato flour||1 Tablespoon, seasoned with white pepper|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Veal stock/Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint, unsalted (30 Centiliter)|
|Small new potatoes/Larger potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Dried pear halves||4|
|Chunky quince preserve||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Lemon rind strip||2 (Two 2 Inch Strips)|
|Lemon rind strips||2 (2 Inch Size)|
|Fresh lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg
Sodium 825.4 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 92.6%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow a browning dish to be preheated for 5 to 7 minutes on high or for the maximum time allowed in the manufacturer's instructions.
2) Coat the cubes of meat with seasoned flour, tossing them well.
3) Grease the browning dish with oil and cook meat in it for 2 minutes on high, stirring often so as to allow browning of meat evenly.
4) Bring the stock to a boil.
5) Mix 8 cl (3 fl oz) of the stock with meat and then microwave for 2 minutes more on high until the sauce thickens, often using a spatula to scrape the dish to detach the brown sediments.
6) Stir in potatoes, pears, quince preserve, honey, thyme, cinnamon, lemon rind, retsina and then enough stock so as to cover the meat to avoid discoloration.
7) Microwave again for 10 to 15 minutes on high until the liquid is brought to a boil.
8) Mix the dish contents and then cook, covered for another 30 to 45 minutes on medium low until the meat becomes soft.
9) Continue to stir the contents of the dish once or twice during cooking and pour in enough stock if the liquid in the dish comes below the meat level.
10) Add in salt and sufficient lemon juice towards the end of the cooking time to cut the sweetness.
11) If a sweeter taste is wished, a little more honey may be added.
12) Take off cinnamon and thyme and add in some pepper for seasoning.
13) Serve hot at once.