- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Greek Apple Pie Recipe Video
|Apples||6 Large, peeled, grated|
|Self rising flour||500 Gram|
|Butter||250 Gram, melted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.1 mg
Sodium 855.8 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 42.5 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine egg, half of the sugar, and melted butter. Whisk well.
3. Add flour, mix well and divided dough into two half.
4. In a separate bowl, mix grated apple with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
5. In a greased pan, place one half of dough and press it evenly at the bottom.
6. Top it with apple and spread evenly.
7. Grate and sprinkle remaining dough on top and pop it in oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until nice and brown on top.
8. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
9. Cut in slices , sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve.