- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grecian Rice Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced or pressed|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Natural almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg
Sodium 1278.6 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 70.4%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2-quart Dutch oven or skillet, melt the butter or margarine over moderate heat.
2. When it begins to froth, add the onion, pepper and garlic.
3. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently, until limp but not browned.
4. Increase heat to moderate and add rice. SautÃ© another few minutes until rice is transparent and coated with butter.
5. Pour in the bouillon and add salt and cinnamon.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring often to prevent rice from sticking to the sides.
7. Cover with lid and simmer on low flame for 15 minutes or transfer to the middle level of a warm oven (350 degree F) for 20 minutes.
8. When rice is tender and stock is absorbed, add almonds and mix in lightly without stirring too much.
9. Turn off heat, let stand covered for 5 minutes.
10. Spoon out onto a platter and garnish with chopped parsley
11. Serve hot with lamb stew.