- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grecian Beef Stew Recipe
|Crumbled feta cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Lean round steak||2 Pound, about 1/2 inch thick|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Whole tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained, chopped (1 Can)|
|Burgundy/Other dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|No salt added tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked parboiled rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), hot, cooked without salt or fat|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2149 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.1%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g126.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 490.5 mg
Sodium 1346.3 mg56.1%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.3%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 226 g451%
Vitamin A 85.7% Vitamin C 144.5%
Calcium 59.9% Iron 55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1)Wash the feta cheese with cold running water and drain it properly.
2) Remove the extra fat from the steak and cut into 1- inch size cubes.
3) Take a Dutch oven and spray it with cooking spray. Heat the oven over medium heat.
4) Put the steak and cook until it becomes brown on all the sides.
5) Add onions and other remaining ingredients except rice. Boil the content properly.
6) Simmer on low heat for
1 hour and 30 minutes until the meat is cooked thoroughly.
7) Remove the bay leaf before serving.
8) Add rice and sprinkle cheese on the top.