- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Great Cabbage Recipe
|Cabbage head||1 Small|
|Chicken stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.4 mg
Sodium 271.2 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 110.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove and discard the outer leaves if the cabbage head.
2. Wash thoroughly
3. Cut, core and slice into 1-inch thick strips.
4. In a large flat skillet, melt butter over moderate high heat
5. Pour in chicken stock and heat to boiling.
6. Add cabbage strips, sugar, nutmeg and pepper to the pan and mix well.
7. Cover saucepan tightly steam the cabbage for about 15 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
8. Tip into a serving casserole.
9. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt pepper and lemon juice.
10. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.