- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Defatted chicken broth/Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Butter||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 24 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.52 g0.8%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 98 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a jar with a tight lid combine the cornstarch and broth.
2. Shake them together.
1. In a cooking pan you have used to sauté food, pour the mixture.
2. Place over high heat and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour.
4. Then reduce the liquid a bit.
5. Serve with the main dish.
You could also heat the broth-cornstarch mixture in a small saucepan and season with pepper to use as gravy.