- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gravy Recipe Video
|Meat stock||500 Milliliter (good and home made stock)|
|Roasted vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Roasted onion, garlic, carrot etc – anything laid under the meat while it roasts)|
|Leftover marinade||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Leftover marinade made from red wine, crushed garlic, onion etc)|
|Meat juices||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From the meat)|
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.86%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg
Sodium 1145.4 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Once your meat is roasted in the oven, remove it from the oven and allow it to stand while you take the onion which was roasted underneath the meat
2. Place into a saucepan with any vegetables from the marinade - garlic, carrot and so forth.
3. Add in the flour and heat through, stirring well until the flour is well mixed with the vegetables.
4. Add in the stock and the meat juices and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the gravy has reduced down and thickened.
6. Serve up and enjoy.