- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Creme fraiche||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.5 mg
Sodium 238.2 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g43.9%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 97.9%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 0.57%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In the inner side of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, rub with the cut side of garlic.
3. Grease the baking dish with butter.
4. In a small bowl, blend creme fraiche and milk.
5. In a large saucepan, arrange potato slices and cover with salted cold water.
6. Bring the water to a boil and boil for just 1 minute.
7. Drain and pat dry.
8. In a large bowl, place the potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper.
9. In the greased baking dish, spread half of the potatoes.
10. Pour half of the creme fraiche mixture.
11. Spread the potatoes.
12. Pour remaining creme fraiche.
13. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the potatoes are tender and bubbly and top is golden color.
14. Serve hot.