- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut in half|
|Softened butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Waxy potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced (1 Kilogram)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Hot milk||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Single cream||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1996 Calories from Fat 1122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g196%
Saturated Fat 79.2 g396.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.5 mg
Sodium 697.7 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 37 g74.5%
Vitamin A 81.2% Vitamin C 303.7%
Calcium 76.8% Iron 41.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2) Inside a large earthenware baking dish, apply the cut garlic clove and thick layer of the soft butter.
3) Arrange a layer of the sliced potatoes and sprinkle evenly with the grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Repeat the layering and seasoning with rest of the potatoes.
4) Blend the cream and milk together, then cover the potatoes with the milk mixture and dot with rest of the butter on the top
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until tender. Raise the oven temperature to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6 during the last 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
6) Serve immediately in nice plates.