- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grass-Fed Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
|Northern italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Harvest Eating or any other Seasoning)|
|Garlic clove||2 Large|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Green bell pepper||3 Large|
|Cayenne pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (with cayenne pepper)|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (Optional)|
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.5 mg
Sodium 680.7 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 48 g95.3%
Vitamin A 84.5% Vitamin C 253.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dice the carrot and cut the celery into small pieces.
2) Trim the bell peppers at the bottom so that they can stand and cut the tops with a knife. Remove the seeds and membrane.
3) Grease a baking pan with olive oil, stand the bell peppers in the baking dish and set aside.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) In a pan, add the olive oil, onions, carrot, celery and saute over a medium heat.
6) Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste and stir in the Northern Italian Seasoning.
7) Then add the ground beef, break up the meat with the spoon and sprinkle with some more kosher salt and black pepper. Cook the beef for a few minutes.
8) Stir in the cayenne pepper sauce, taste and adjust the seasoning.
9) In a large bowl, add the cooked rice, beef mixture and cheese, if using. Stir the mixture until thoroughly mixed.
10) Taste again and adjust the seasoning or hot sauce if needed.
11) Stuff the beef-rice mixture into the prepared bell peppers, cover the bell pepper tops and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes until done.
12) Spread some sun dried tomato and rosemary pasta sauce on a serving plate, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, top with the beef stuffed bell pepper and serve.