- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grapefruit Kiwi and Watercress Salad Recipe
|Grapefruit||2 Pound (2 Medium Sized Ruby Red Or Pink Variety)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Preferably)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm) (Or Large)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 822 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 542.2 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.9%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 129.6% Vitamin C 881.4%
Calcium 39% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the skin of grapefruits and discard pith. Cut lengthways in half and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick semicircles. Keep aside.
2) Peel kiwi and slice through 1/2- to 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Keep aside.
3) Stir in walnut oil, vegetable oil, and honey, and blend. Keep aside.
4) To prepare the dressing, take a small bowl, mix lemon juice, vinegar, and salt. Drain any grapefruit juice into dressing. Blend with a fork till salt dissolves.
5) In the serving platter, arrange watercress around the edge. Lap with grapefruit slices in ring and place kiwi slices in center.
6) Beat in dressing and pour over salad. Drizzle with cinnamon and pepper before serving.