- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grapefruit Cooler Recipe
|Grapefruit||2 , zest grated and juiced|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (30 Milliliter)|
|Grapefruit slices||2 , quartered (To Decorate)|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.35 g0.55%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 37.8 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 218.7%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove the syrup from the heat and leave until completely cold.
3. Add the grapefruit zest and juice to the cold syrup and pour into a 1.25 L/2 pint shallow freezerpoof tin or ice cube tray without the divisions. Freeze in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator or in the freezer for about 30 minutes until slushy.
4. Remove from the freezer and stir well with a metal spoon until evenly blended.
5. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes, then stir again. Repeat this process once more, then cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.
6. To serve: stir the mixture well, to break up any large pieces of ice, then spoon into glasses or small dishes. Decorate each portion with quartered grapefruit slices. Serve at once.