- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grapefruit Aspic Recipe
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted and chopped|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 118.4 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 84.9%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and cut the grapefruit into sections preserving its juice.
2) Water the juice to make it ¾ cups in quantity.
3) Keep it aside.
4) Add sugar and gelatin to boiling water in order to dissolve them.
5) Add the lemon and grapefruit juice to it.
6) Chill the mixture until it acquires the consistency of an egg white that is unbeaten.
7) Take a 4-cup mold and spoon it into the hollows.
8) Chill until it becomes firm.
9) Take a lettuce leaf and unmold the dessert on it.
10) Garnish it with slices of lemon and dollops of mayonnaise before serving.