- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cherry||1 (Cocktail or Glace)|
Calories 52 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.14 g0.22%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 0.77 g1.5%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 82.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 0.96%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and wipe the grapefruit clean.
2) Using a knife cut the grapefruit in half across the stalk. Take away the pips.
3) Take a small pointed knife or grapefruit knife, loosen each segment of fruit from the skin.
4) Insert the knife and cut around the edge, just inside the pith, and then underneath to loosen the segments from the outer skin.
5) Hold the segment skins in the middle and carefully take them out without making the fruit lose its shape.
6) Take sundae glasses and keep the grapefruit halves.
7) Scatter caster sugar lightly over them and decorate with half a cocktail or glace cherry.
8) Chill in the refrigerator before serving.