- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grape Conserve Recipe
|Concord grapes||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 , freshly juiced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Pound|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6784 Calories from Fat 573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g105.3%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1015.1 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1603 g534.5%
Dietary Fiber 31.4 g125.5%
Sugars 1513.4 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 422.2%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 61.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Skin the grapes and reserve the skins.
2) In a pan, cook the pulp, force the pulp through a strainer and remove the seeds.
3) In a large saucepan, combine the grape pulp, sugar, orange juice, water, salt and grape skins.
4) Bring to a boil and stir in the raisins.
5) Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is thick.
6) Stir in the walnuts and cook for another few minutes.
7) Ladle the 5 pints conserve into hot, sterilized jars and seal immediately.
8) Use the Grape Conserve as required.