- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gran's Old South Sweet Potato Pie Recipe Video
|Pureed sweet potato||1 Pound|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), packed|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|35% cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pie shell||1 (unbaked 9-inch deep dish)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon (cane or sorghum)|
|Whipped cream fresh||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.3%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g71.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.2 mg37.7%
Sodium 253.4 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 41.5 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place a skillet on heat, and toast pecans until fragrant.
3. In a large bowl, combine pureed sweet potato, brown sugar, butter, egg yolk, and cream.
4. Drop vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg in it. Mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar. Blend until foamy.
6. Drop sugar and blend until stiff peaks form.
7. Transfer egg white mixture into the large bowl. Fold to combine.
8. Into pie shell, transfer the mixture.
9. Sprinkle toasted pecan on top.
10. Drizzle maple syrup, and pop it in the oven. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
11. Cut into pieces, and serve pie topped with fresh whipped cream.