- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Granola Bars Recipe
|Buttermilk baking mix||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), divided|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Ounce, divided (Uncooked)|
|Almonds||1 1⁄2 Ounce, sliced, divided|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nonfat Milk)|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
|Margarine||5 Teaspoon, melted (1 Tablespoon Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Coconut||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 2.9 mg
Sodium 923.6 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, put together baking mix, 2 tablespoons raisins, 3/4 ounce oats, 3/4 ounce almonds, and 1 tablespoon sugar; mix well.
3. Add milk and egg substitute; stir well.
4. In an 8 X 8 X 2-inch nonstick baking pan, spray nonstick cooking spray.
5. In the greased baking pan, add the oat mixture in pan and spread it evenly; keep aside.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the remaining raisins, oats, almonds, sugar, the margarine, wheat germ, and coconut.
7. Sprinkle this mixture over the oat mixture in the pan.
8. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Remove the pan from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling; let it cool down.
10. Cut into 8 equal bars.
11. Serve anytime.