- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Mixed dry fruits||3 Ounce|
|Old fashioned oats||3 Ounce|
|Sunflower seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Wheat germ||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Safflower oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 22.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.33%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 325Â° F.
2. Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add in it dried fruit, oats, sunflower seed, coconut, and wheat germ, and after mixing the ingredients, set the mix aside.
3. Take a small saucepan and combine rest of the ingredients and cook them over medium high flame with occasional stirring for 1-2 minutes, or until the mix is heated all through.
4. Sprinkle honey mixture over the oats until oats are lightly coated.
5. Take a non-stick baking sheet and spread oat mix on it in an even layer.
6. Bake the mix for 15-20 minutes at 325Â° F, with occasional stirring. Continue balking until the mix is slightly browned.
7. Serve immediately on the serving plate after taking granola out of the oven.