- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Granny's Buns Recipe Video
|For yeast to bloom|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105º-115ºf)|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , lightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (3 cups + 1/2 cup if needed)|
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg10%
Sodium 308.8 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGreased baking tray
1. In a small bowl, take warm water, add yeast and sugar to it. Set aside and let it rest.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine warm milk, sugar, salt and butter. Whisk until butter melts.
3. Add egg, and yeast mixture. Beat to combine.
4. Into a large bowl, add the egg mixture and flour. Using a mixer with dough hook attachment on beat well.
5. Add more flour and beat until it forms a ball of dough. Let the dough sit for 10 minutes and then further beat for 6 minutes.
6. On floured surface put the dough and knead well. Place it in a greased bowl, cover with tea towel and let it rest for 2 hours or double in size.
7. Punch the dough down and put it on floured surface.
8. Cut the dough into small portions, roll and place them on buttered baking pan. Cover with tea towel and let it rest for an hour or until double in size.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
10. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Serve bun hot with a light coating of butter and sugar on top.