- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Granita Di Caffe Recipe
|Instant coffee||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 1.1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.02%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine coffee and 1 1/3 to 1 3/4 cups water.
2) Add sugar to taste.
3) Place over heat and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Remove from heat. Pour in 1 1/3 cups water and ice cubes into this. Stir well to melt the ice cubes.
6) In an ice cube tray, pour the mixture and place into freezer to freeze for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until ice is firm around edges.
7) In an electric mixer, put the ice and process at medium speed to make a smooth mixture.
8) Take 2 ice cube trays to put the mixture.
9) Freeze inside the refrigerator for an hour, until almost solid.
10) Stir the ice and spoon into the parfait or sherbet glasses. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream to serve.