- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandmother's Lamb Stew Recipe
|Cubed lamb||1 Pound|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Condensed onion soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||60 Milliliter (1/2 Soup Can)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, quartered (4 Medium Sized)|
|Frozen cut green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91 mg
Sodium 890.5 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heavy pan, saute the lamb cubes, garlic, and thyme in butter, until the lamb is browned.
2) Stir in the onion soup, water, celery, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
3) Cover and cook over a low heat for about 1 hour.
4) Stir in the potatoes, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5) Stir in the green beans; cover and cook for another 15 minutes ; stirring occasionally.
6) Serve the Lamb Stew immediately on serving plates.