- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandmother's Burnt Cream Recipe
|Castor sugar||6 Tablespoon (6 X 15 Ml Spoon)|
|Jersey/Thick double cream of same quantity||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Orange flower water||10 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated (Little Required)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated (Little Required)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.5 mg
Sodium 378.3 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.64%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 24 g47.2%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Beat together the whole eggs, the egg yolks and 2 oz (50 g) of the sugar till the sugar dissolves, and then add the cream and the orange flower water.
2) Whip until a smooth mixture forms again and add the two grated rinds.
3) Ladle into six ramekin dishes.
4) Heat the oven to Gas Mark 2/300°F/150°C.
5) Place the ramekins in a roasting tray and add in hot water until it comes mid-way up the sides of the ramekins.
6) Bake in the centre of the oven for about an hour - till the cream gets cooked and when a knife blade inserted into the cream and comes out clean.
7) Let cool.
8) Sprinkle 1 tablespoon (15 mLspoon) caster sugar on top of each cream.
9) Arrange them under a hot, preheated grill until the sugar has melted together and separate crystals of sugar are no longer seen, but don't burn.
10) Take them out and chill well before serving.