- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandma's Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Butter||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Lard||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Decoration)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3205 Calories from Fat 2173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 244 g375.1%
Saturated Fat 120 g600.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 826.1 mg
Sodium 2186.8 mg91.1%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 103.3 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 75.7% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 54.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 325Â°F (160Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar, lard and butter together creaming them until they become fluffy and light.
3) Add the eggs one by one beating them thoroughly after adding each one.
4) Add the vanilla, sour cream, lemon rind, baking powder and baking soda, stirring them in together with the salt.
5) Add the flour to prepare a dough soft in consistency.
6) Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
7) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
8) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
9) Cut the dough into round shaped cookies.
10) Take a cookie sheet and butter it placing the cookies on it.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately or until they become pale golden in color.
12) Sprinkle with sugar while the cookies are hot and serve.