- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandma's Glazed Lemon Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #3 Recipe Video
|Yellow cake mix||16 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon jello||3 Ounce|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (2 lemons juiced)|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 272.2 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a mixer bowl, put together the cake mix and the jello and mix well in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
4. Slowly stream in the cold water, while still mixing and let is mix for 2 minutes more.
5. In a bowl, break the eggs, and drop 1 at a time in the cake mixture, and let it mix well after each addition.
6. Once all the eggs are incorporated, stream in the canola oil , while still mixing.
7. After all the oil is added, let the batter continue mixing for 5 minutes.
8. Using a large ice cream scoop, pour the batter in the cupcake liners, about ¾ full.
9. Put the tin in oven and let the cupcakes bake for about 22 minutes or until they puff up.
For the glaze
10. In a bowl, put the powdered sugar and pour in the lemon juice on top and mix well until it forms into a smooth mixture.
11. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and poke each cupcake with a wooden skewer for about 6 to 8 times.
12. Spoon the glaze on top of each cupcake and rotate the spoon to spread.
13. Once all the cupcakes are coated, repeat the process and coat again.
14. Serve as desired.