- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Baked Grandma'S Ginger Biscuits Recipe
|Golden syrup||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lard||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Ounce (2 Ounce / 50 Gram Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 16.2 mg
Sodium 818.7 mg34.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 16% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160° C
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, soda and ginger.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, lard and sugar.
5. Place the pan on a low flame and stir till ingredients melt.
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in the sifted ingredients, a little at a time until the mixture resembles dough.
7. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls and arrange them on the greased baking sheet leaving a distance of 1 inch between them.
8. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
10. Generously sprinkle caster sugar on the cookies while they are warm.
11. Serve the cookies with tea.
12. You can store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container.