- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandma's Fruit Cake Recipe
|Mixed candied fruit||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Candied pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Candied red cherries||3 1⁄2 Ounce, halved (1 Jar)|
|Candied green cherries||4 Ounce, halved (1 Jar)|
|White raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Candied red cherries||2 Tablespoon, halved|
|Candied green cherries||2 Tablespoon, halved|
|Whole pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7426 Calories from Fat 3173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 360 g553.5%
Saturated Fat 105.6 g528%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 876.3 mg
Sodium 2038.5 mg84.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1018 g339.4%
Dietary Fiber 55.6 g222.5%
Sugars 743.2 g
Protein 90 g180.7%
Vitamin A 73.8% Vitamin C 72.1%
Calcium 87.8% Iron 143.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large bowl, combine candied fruit, pineapple, cherries, raisins, pecans, walnuts, almonds, coconut, pineapple juice and rum flavoring; mix well.
3. Sift flour with baking powder and salt; set aside. Preheat oven to 275°F.
4. In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat butter with sugar and eggs until light and fluffy—about 2 minutes. At low speed, blend in flour mixture just until combined.
5. Pour batter over fruit mixture; mix thoroughly. Turn into prepared ring mold. Bake 2 hours, or until cake tester inserted in cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool in pan 30 minutes on rack. Loosen edge from pan with spatula. Turn out on rack to cool 1 hour before removing paper (or ring may break).
7. To store: Put cake in waxed-paper-lined tin box with a tight cover; place 1/2 apple in the hole. Cover top of cake with waxed paper. Keep cake in a cool place to mellow for 2 weeks; occasionally replace apple with fresh piece.
8. Before serving, decorate cake: Brush top of cake with corn syrup; decorate with red and green candied cherries and whole pecans, to look like a wreath.