- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandma's Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter stick||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), at room temperature|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, at room temperature|
|Eggs||6 Large, at room temperature|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Cake flour/All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187 mg
Sodium 117.9 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 8% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Beat well till combined.
3. Add 3 eggs one after another. Mix to incorporate the egg before adding the next.
4. Put ½ of the sugar and continue to mix well till combined. Then add the remaining half and mix well till incorporated.
5. Repeat step 2 with the remaining 3 eggs.
6. Put the vanilla and lemon extracts and mix well till combined.
7. Add ½ of the flour with baking powder and mix well, then add the other half of the flour and mix till incorporated.
8. Slowly pour or spoon the batter into the greased bundt pan. Swirl a knife through it to release air.
9. Place the pan into the oven and turn it on to 325 degrees F (do not preheat the oven here).
10. Bake for 1 ½ hours or till the cake is done.
11. Remove from oven and let it cool to demold the cake from the pan.
12. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve with milk or any other refreshing beverage of choice.