- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grandma Joie's Potato Pancakes Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters (2 Pieces)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil spray||1|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 262.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 40.1%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a food processor grate onion.
2) Grate the potato in same manner.
3) Alternately, coarsely grate onion and potato with a hand-held four-sided grater.
4) In a large bowl mix onion and potato.
5) Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6) In an 8-inch nonstick skillet spray nonstick vegetable oil spray and heat moderately over high heat.
7) Add potato mixture and pat down firmly to form a 7-inch round about 1/2 inch thick.
8) Reduce heat to moderate and cook pancake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side till golden.
9) Serve hot.