- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grand Bran Burgers Recipe
|Ground beef chuck||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|100% bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Nabisco)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.1 mg
Sodium 647.4 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, combine the meats.
2. Mix well, using your hands or a large fork, to break the lumps.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
4. Knead the mixture or whisk with fork until all ingredients are amalgamated.
5. Slightly dampen palms with oil or water.
6. Shape the meat mixture into 6 or 12 equal size patties of 1/2 -€“inch thickness.
7. Broil, fry, or barbecue over a grill, until cooked to desired doneness.
8. Serve the burgers with a sauce or gravy and mash on the side or serve on buns topped with your favorite condiments and toppings.