- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grain-free Ice Cream Cones (Paleo friendly) Recipe Video
|Blanched almond flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Arrowroot flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple sugar/Coconut sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy whipping cream/Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 111.1 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Melt the butter in a sauce pan or in the microwave.
4. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and cream.
5. One the butter has cooled enough that it won’t cook the eggs at all, add it to the wet mixture, and whisk to combine.
6. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth and there are no clumps.
7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop a drop of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet.
8. Smooth the batter into a thin, five inch circle. You can draw five inch circles on parchment paper and lay it under the silicone baking mat if you would like.
9. Bake the large cookie for 15 minutes on the middle rack in the oven, remove from the oven, and roll around an ice cream cone mold pressing the outer edge down carefully so that it sticks, but does not crack.
10. Scoop ice cream into the cone and enjoy.