- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Graham Muffins Recipe
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Graham flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|White flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dates/Raisins and nuts may be added||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.4 mg
Sodium 567.3 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. Lightly grease individual muffin cups or a muffin tray with oil or butter.
3. Into a basin, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
4. Dredge the dates or raisins and nuts with flour.
5. In large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk and molasses.
6. Use a wire whisk or a large fork to whisk the ingredients until well blended.
7. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to get a smooth thick batter.
8. Beat in the melted butter.
9. Fold in the dates or raisins and nuts.
10. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin cups, filling them only 3/4th full
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until a skewer when inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the top is golden brown
12. Remove from oven and invert the muffins on a wire rack. Allow them to cool.
13. Serve for breakfast or for tea.