- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Graham Cracker Cake Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), creamed|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nut meats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.3 mg
Sodium 303.7 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 18% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, beat in margarine, sugar and egg yolks.
3) In another bowl of graham cracker crumbs, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
4) Combine thoroughly.
5) Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture by alternating with 1 cup milk.
6) Fold in chopped cup nut meats into the batter.
7) In a small bowl, stiffly beat egg whites.
8) Fold the stiffen egg whites into the batter.
9) Use well greased ring mould or 2 layer cake pans, to pour the batter.
10) Place inside oven to bake 30 minutes for layer cake and 40 minutes for mould.
11) Ice the cake with green frosting, or whipped cream icing, and then with gum drops.
12) Optionally fill the ring with pistachio green ice cream.
13) Allow the icing to set, before serving.