- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Graham Cracker Cake Recipe
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam/Plum jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3234 Calories from Fat 1326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.1%
Saturated Fat 51.5 g257.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 685.3 mg
Sodium 3108.5 mg129.5%
Total Carbohydrates 441 g147%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 292.9 g
Protein 58 g115.7%
Vitamin A 47.1% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 169.7% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the egg yolks, vanilla and then the nuts, beating well after each addition.
3. Mix the crumbs with the baking powder and salt and add in 3 portions, alternately with the milk, to the egg mixture; beat thoroughly after each addition.
4. Whip the egg white with 1/8 teaspoon salt stiff; fold into the batter.
5. Pour into the layer pans. Bake about 30 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool; then spread jam between the layers and top with sweetened whipped cream.