- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grace's Chocolate Fancy Recipe
|Maraschino cherries in syrup||4 Ounce (110 G, 1 Jar)|
|Sherry||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped (300 Milliliter)|
|Chocolate mousse/7 fl oz carton of bought mousse||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate curls||2 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce (50 Gram, Top Quality)|
|Salad oil||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 202.4 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, break chocolate into pieces and melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water or place in the microwave.
2. When the chocolate has melted, pour in oil and stir to blend into the chocolate.
3. On a clean marble or stainless steel work surface, pour the chocolate and spread into a thin and even layer using a pallet knife. Allow the chocolate to set.
4. To make the curls, place a sharp and large knife at an angle at the top of the chocolate layer. Draw it to the bottom, forming curls. Scrape the remaining chocolate as well. Save for garnishing.
5. Drain the cherry liquid and mix with sherry and water.
6. Halve the cherries.
7. Slice the cake sponge into 3 layers. To do this place the sponge on a cake stand or flat surface and use a bread knife to cut the sponge.
8. Place the bottom layer of the sponge on a dessert plate and sprinkle 1/3 of the sherry and cherry liquid to moisten the sponge.
9. Spread 2 tablespoons of whipped cream and 1 tablespoon of chocolate mousse over the sponge, using a pallet knife.
10. Top with ½ the chopped cherries.
11. Put middle slice of sponge over this and repeat the process with sherry liquid, cream, mousse and cherries.
12. Place the last layer of sponge, smooth side up. Sprinkle the remaining sherry liquid over the sponge.
13. Spread the remaining cream on the sides and on the top to cover the cake.
14. Place the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
15. Place cake on a pastry stand.
16. Garnish with the chocolate curls and chocolate shavings.
17. Slice at the table.