- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gourmet Wine Pot Roast Recipe
|Boneless beef roast||3 Pound (Bottom Round)|
|Boneless beef bottom round roast||3 Pound|
|Onion soup mix||1 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Burgundy wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1464 Calories from Fat 601
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.7%
Saturated Fat 27 g135.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330 mg
Sodium 2885.3 mg120.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 134 g267.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a cooking bag following instructions on package.
2. In a 2-quart casserole dish, place the cooking bag.
3. Center the beef on the bag.
4. Add onion soup mix blended with thyme and wine.
5. Pull up the bag around the beef; twist and tie to close.
6. Wrap ends to close the bag.
7. Using a scissor, make 6 half-inch slit on top of the bag.
8. Place the casserole the microwave.
9. Heat on High for 10 minutes.
10. Cook on low for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until beef is tender.
11. Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
12. Thicken wine mixture for gravy, if desired.
13. Serve with gravy.