- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Tuna Salad Recipe Video
|Yellow fin tuna steaks||8 Ounce|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, finely diced|
|Dill weed||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.9%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.1 mg60%
Sodium 796.9 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot bring several quarts of water to a boil.
2. Vacuum-seal the tuna steaks in plastic bags or in a heavy duty zip top bag with
the air removed.
3. Place the steaks in the boiling water for 10 - 12 minutes and then allow it to cool.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream, mix in the
capers, onions, dill weed, salt and white pepper.
5. Into a food processor or blender place the cooled tuna steaks and pulse until finely ground.
Add tuna to the bowl of dressing and with gloved hands massage the tuna
until well blended.
6. Serve on Croissant with lettuce and tomato.