- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gourmet Lamb Pilaf Recipe
|Lean lamb shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Wheat pilaf||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From A 12 Ounce Package)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.5 mg
Sodium 579.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oven hot to 350Â°c.
2) In a medium-size frying pan brown lamb cubes, a third at a time.
3) Mound mixture into a 6-cup baking dish.
4) Add coriander, cumin seeds, and pepper.
5) In frying pan, heat drippings and sautÃ© onion until golden.
6) Add wheat pilaf, celery, salt, and water. Boil the contents.
7) Pour it over meat mixture and toss lightly to mix; cover.
8) Bake in oven for 1 hour until lamb is tender and liquid is absorbed.
9) Garnish with parsley before serving.