- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gourmet Chili Recipe
|Pinto beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry pinto beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground beef suet||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Lean beef||3 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Lean beef||2 Pound, coarse ground or cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|Chili powder||6 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Cumin powder/1 1/2 tablespoon cumin seed||8 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Garlic/2 teaspoons garlic powder||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Baking unsweetened cocoa||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon (Or As Required, For Serving)|
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.8 mg
Sodium 975.8 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.8%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 97 g193%
Vitamin A 261.9% Vitamin C 184.6%
Calcium 27.3% Iron 82.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cover dry beans with water and soak for a whole night.
2) On the following day, drain well and pour in 2 qts water.
3) Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until done.
4) Drain the cooking liquid, saving 1 cup and keep it aside.
5) Take a large 3-qt Dutch oven or heavy kettle and melt suet in it.
6) Stir in onion and stir fry over medium heat until transparent.
7) Mix in meat and brown, stirring often.
8) Drain the drippings saving 2 tablespoons of it and then add in seasonings, cocoa and chilies.
9) Simmer the mixture, covered for 1-1/2 hours, stirring often.
10) Pour in tomato juice to have a medium consistency to the chili.
11) Pour in reserved bean juice if a thinner chili is desired.
12) Mix in warm pinto beans and top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream.
13) Serve at once.