- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Goulash with Noodles Recipe
|Tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (3/4 block, frozen (3 cup), bottled or homemade)|
|Onions||3 , cut fine or minced|
|Cubed beef||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Caraway seeds/Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|For home cooked tomato sauce : (for 4 quarts)|
|Italian peeled tomatoes/8 (14 oz ) cans||112 Ounce|
|Canned tomato paste/8 cans, 6 oz each||48 Ounce|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 707 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.8 mg
Sodium 2483.8 mg103.5%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.4%
Sugars 37.2 g
Protein 33 g66.7%
Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 135.6%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 47.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Home Cooked Tomato Sauce : In a 8 quart kettle, combine all the ingredients together and bring to a boil.
2) Simmer uncovered over a very low heat for about 6 1/2 hours, or until the tomato pulp is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in some more water, if needed for thick white saucy consistency.
4) Remove and discard the bay leaves.
5) Divide the mixture into four 1 qt portions and allow to cool.
6) Freeze the mixture in glass loaf pans, until frozen.
7) Then remove the sauce from pans, wrap each block separately in a heavy-duty foil or place in pliofilm bags and store in freezer.
8) Slice the blocks with frozen food saw or heavy knife when needed and use the Home Cooked Tomato Sauce as required.
9) In a pan, bring the tomato sauce, onions and seasonings to a boil over a medium heat.
10) Stir in the beef cubes and simmer until thoroughly heated.
11) In a pan, cook the noodles as per package directions; drain thoroughly.
12) Toss the noodles with butter and caraway or poppy seeds.
13) Spread the noodles on a hot platter and spoon over the beef mixture in the center.
14) Serve the Goulash with Noodles immediately.