- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gos No Pulao ( Mutton Pulao ) Recipe
|Basmati rice||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Food coloring||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Yellow Color)|
|Mace||1 Teaspoon (Javantri)|
|Star anise||2 (Badian)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon (Shahjeera)|
|Curd||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Onions||2 Large, finely sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cashew nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), fried|
|Eggs||6 , cut into quarters|
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.8 mg
Sodium 194.9 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 58.7%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
one half with a pinch of Jelabi colour and
2 bay leaves in salted water. Drain the
rice and set aside.
Cook the other half in salted water with 2 bay leaves and when soft, drain and set aside.
2. Grind all the spices finely. Marinate the washed mutton pieces in ginger-garlic paste, curds and salt for 10 minutes.
3. Deep fry the slicedonions. Skin and cube the potatoes. Salt them and deep fry them till soft. Set aside.
4. Place the chopped onions along with
1 1/2 cups of ghee in which the onions
and potatoes were fried. Cook until light
brown and then add the ground spices.
Stir for 2 minutes and add the mutton
pieces. Cook for 5-7 minutes in the
masala and then add 4-5 cups of water
and cook in a pressure cooker until soft.
5. Empty the mutton and gravy into a large
vessel and burn off the excess liquid until
2 cups of gravy is left.
6. Fry the raisins and cashewnuts. Boil the eggs. Peel and cut vertically into 4 pieces.
7. Layer the pulao with white rice, mutton, potatoes and a final layer of saffron rice. Garnish the top layer with fried onions, cashewnuts, eggs and raisins. Cover tightly with foil, place a lid on the vessel and keep over a low flame for 20 minutes before serving.