- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delectable Deep-Fried Shrimp Recipe Video
|Self rising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon, warm|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked shrimp||19 , cleaned and deveined (more or less as needed)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.9 mg
Sodium 374.9 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.25%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine self-rising flour and corn starch.
2. Pour ½ cup water and stir until batter is smooth. Add more water, a little at a time, if needed to get the consistency of batter that will coat the shrimp.
3. Stir warm oil into batter, and then add baking powder. Mix well.
4. In a deep-fry pot, heat oil until a test shrimp sizzles.
5. Coat a few shrimp at a time with batter and put them gently into the hot oil. Deep fry shrimps until nice and golden.
6. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel and allow it to drain. Repeat the process for remaining shrimps.
7. Serve with seafood cocktail sauce and enjoy!