- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gooseberry Tart Recipe
|Gooseberries||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||11 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Superfine sugar||8 Tablespoon|
|Orange flower water/2 tablespoons white muscatel||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2765 Calories from Fat 1389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g242.9%
Saturated Fat 91.3 g456.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1174.3 mg
Sodium 244.6 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 312 g103.9%
Dietary Fiber 32.6 g130.5%
Sugars 146.2 g
Protein 42 g83.1%
Vitamin A 140.9% Vitamin C 314.2%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 61.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large bowl and sift into it confectioners’ sugar and flour.
3. Rub the about 5 tablespoons of butter over the flour until it starts looking like fine bread crumbs.
4. Bind the pastry using water and egg yolk.
5. Roll out the pastry into ¼ inch thickness on a lightly floured surface and line it on a buttered loose-bottomed pie plate of 7-inch-diameter.
6. Prick the pastry using fork and place it exactly to the center of the pan and bake it for about 15 minutes at 350°F.
7. Clean the gooseberries by washing it. Drain it to get rid of the water.
8. Halve the unblanched almonds.
9. Take a small pan and add about 2 tbsp of cold water, and about 8 tbps of sugar and cook over low heat until the sugar gets dissolved.
10. Boil the syrup and continue to cook but don’t stir the mixture. Cook until the mixture turns golden brown.
11. Add almonds and stir the mixture well.
12. When done take out the mixture and spread it on an oiled cookie sheet. Allow it to cool and break them into large pieces and finely crush them using rolling pin or blender.
13. Boil vanilla beans, milk and sugar over low heat to make the soufflé.
14. Add eggs to the top of a double boiler and add hot milk into it in a very gradual manner. Continue beating the mixture to prevent it from curdling.
15. Place this pan over barely simmering water and continue to beat until the custard becomes slightly thick.
16. Soften the gelatin in 5 tbps of hot water and cool it a little and combine it with custard.
17. Strain the mixture into a bowl after stirring it well.
18. When the custard cools (not set), then add the whipped mixture of cream and confectioners’ sugar into it.
19. Take another bowl beat the egg whites and stir in to the custard.
20. Fold in almond mixture and blend well.
21. Take a straight-sided 1-pint souffle dish and tie it tightly using a foil such that it extends by about an inch on the top.
22. Add the soufflé mixture and refrigerate for next 3-4 hours.
23. Lightly brown the blanched almonds under the broiler it toasting it slightly. And grind it finely. Use the crushed almonds for garnish.
24. Crumple the graham crackers by passing it under the rolling pin and mix it with almonds.
25. Remove the foil collar and spread the almond mixture over the sides and top of the soufflé and serve it immediately.