- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gooseberry Mousse or Pudding Recipe
|Green color||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint, whipped|
Calories 778 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.4%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.4 mg
Sodium 36.7 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.7%
Sugars 63.5 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 109.2%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Reserve a few gooseberries for garnish
3. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine gooseberries, sugar and water.
4. Place on a medium low flame and bring water to a boil, stirring gently to dissolve the sugar.
5. Reduce the heat and cook the berries until they are soft and mushy.
6. Remove pan off the heat and cool compote slightly.
7. Pass through a fine mesh sieve and mash to a puree.
8. Blend the brandy and color into the puree and allow to cool complete.
9. Fold the whipped cream into the puree and spoon into pudding moulds or into mousse glasses.
10. Refrigerate until set and well chilled.
11. Garnish with gooseberries.
12. Serve chilled.
Substitute gooseberries with any fresh berry which are in season.