- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gooseberry Cream Tart Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Gooseberries||500 Gram (1 lb)|
|Table cream||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2588 Calories from Fat 1195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.8%
Saturated Fat 76.5 g382.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1304.5 mg434.8%
Sodium 278.6 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 302 g100.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.2%
Sugars 98.5 g
Protein 51 g101.7%
Vitamin A 122% Vitamin C 234.2%
Calcium 52.3% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Using the fingertips of one hand, work these ingredients together, then draw in the flour and work to a paste. Knead lightly until smooth, wrap in a polythene bag and chill for about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Place the gooseberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a heavy-based pan, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
4. Mix together the cream and eggs, then add the gooseberries and mix gently.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured surface, roll out and use to line a 23 cm (9 inch) fluted flan ring, placed on a baking sheet. Chill for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the filling into the flan case and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C/375°F, for 45 minutes, until pale golden in colour.