- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gooseberry Conserve Recipe
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Candy orange slices||1 Pound, cut into eighths|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5369 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.9 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1263 g421%
Dietary Fiber 87.2 g348.7%
Sugars 968.2 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 109.7% Vitamin C 873.6%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove stems and tails from gooseberries; wash.
2. In a food chopper, process gooseberries.
3. In a large saucepan, place gooseberries and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in sugar and bring again to a boil with constant stirring.
5. Stir in candy orange slices and cook with constant stirring until mixture is thick and of desired consistency.
6. Remove pan from heat and skim.
7. Stir in walnuts.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Serve Gooseberry Conserve as relish.