- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Rice and Beans Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Brown rice/White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Organic)|
|Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans/Walnut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Black beans/Kidney bean||15 Ounce (Canned)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1343 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 977 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g70.9%
Dietary Fiber 39.9 g159.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 82.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a deep skillet on medium low, pour olive oil and let that heat up.
2. Add the onion, saute it and add the brown rice into it.
3. Add turmeric, cumin salt and saute it together and let it cook for 3 minutes.
4. Pour the vegetable broth, bring the contents to a boil, cover it with the lid and let it simmer for 50 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toast the pecans on a frying pan.
6. Add beans and pecans into the rice and fold it in well.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.